3SquaresVT (EBT) Cards are accepted at Five Corners Farmers’ Market! Visit the Market Manager’s Tent to buy market tokens. The market tokens can be use to buy fresh, local produce, fruits and more.
Use your SquaresVT card to buy fresh, local foods at our market! All of the farms, chefs, and bakers at the market accept the $1 tokens you buy with your card.
How it works:
- Visit the Market Manager’s Tent and tell the volunteer you would like to use your EBT card.
- Swipe your card and enter your pin. The money will be taken from your 3SquaresVT account
- The volunteer will give you one dollar ($1) wooden tokens to use to at the Five Corners Farmers’ Markets in Essex Junction, VT.
- Spend tokens on fresh and healthy food at any vendor’s tent displaying the SquaresVT acceptance poster.
- Save unused tokens for another day. There is no time limit. Or, you may return unused tokens for a refund on your card.
Please note: $1 EBT tokens may only be used to buy foods eligible under 3SquaresVT rules, including:
- Fruits and vegetables;
- Dairy products;
- Meat, fish and poultry;
- Maple and honey products;
- Baked goods (wrapped, labelled and intended for home consumption)
- Jams, preserves, sauces, soups, etc.
Double your 3SquaresVT benefit with Crop Ca$h!
When you use $10 of your 3SquaresVT benefits at either of our markets, the Market Manager Tent will give you a Crop Ca$h coupon worth $10.
Crop Ca$h coupons buy:
- fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs;
- seeds or starts for fruits or vegetables.
Tip: Use your Crop Cash first to buy fruits and vegetables. Save your other $1 market tokens for all other food products (meats, cheese, bread) and/or to buy additional fruits and vegetables.
VT Farm to Family
VT Farm to Family provides $30 in coupons to buy fresh fruits and vegetables at Vermont Farmers’ Markets during the summer season. To get your coupons:
- If you are enrolled in WIC, WIC provides your coupons.
- Community Action Agencies distribute coupons to other income-eligible families. Call the Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity at 1-800-300-7392 for more information.
Coupons are distributed beginning in late June. They are worth $6 each and expire on October 31st. Spend them at any farmers’ market stand that displays a Farm to Family poster.
With Farm to Family coupons you may buy only fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and fresh-cut herbs.